i don’t like to cook and i definitely don’t like to bake. too much work, too messy. but i can make sweet potato pie, pretty much the only thing i can make that comes out good each time.
it’s easy. i even add decorations on top that’s super easy. this is why i’m the lazy baker- the thought of kneading dough with butter, rolling it out, etc. etc. pains me. so why bother? i just cut decorations out of another pie crust!
2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
1/2 cup of milk, i use skim
3 Tbs of butter
1/2 cup of brown sugar
1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
1 tsp of cinnamon
1/2 tsp of nutmeg
sprinkle of ground ginger
2 ready made pie crusts, found in your grocer’s freezer section
1. preheat over to 400 degrees
2. boil the potatoes for 10 minutes until soft
3. mash potatoes in a food processor, you can use an immersion blender, blender, or your fork even. use a spatula to scrape the sides to make sure you get everything
4. add in this order: butter, sugar, milk, eggs, and seasonings
5. pour your mixture into your pie crust pan. don’t overfill. you can always pour the rest into a shallow oven-safe bowl for a single serve pie
6. want to decorate? i just used kitchen utensils and cut decorations out of the second pie crust: piping tip for circles and knife to cut the heart out. so easy.
7. bake your pie(s) for 40-50 minutes, checking periodically towards the end so as not to burn your yummy crust.
serve as is warm out of the over, or with whipped cream, ice cream, chocolate, sprinkles….anything sweet!