(1) JARS reusable plastic jars w/seal-tight lids: the container store $1.49/each
(2) LABELS water-proof bumper sticker paper for inkjet printer: office supply store $13/pack of 14
(3) HANGTAG card stock paper: most office supply & green office supply stores have recycled & tree-free paper
(4) RIBBON cotton ribbon is biodegradable and can be purchased at the container store or online stationery sites
i used the same program to create the hangtag and instructions that were printed on the reverse side of each hangtag.
oatmeal chocolate chip raisin cookie mix-
3/4 cup white sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup rolled oats
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup raisins
layer the ingredients in the order given. Pack down the jar after each addition.
chewy chocolate chip brownie mix-
1 2/3 C. granulated sugar
3/4 C. cocoa
1 1/3 C. all-purpose flour
1/2 t. baking powder
1/4 t. salt
3/4 C. chocolate chips
Layer ingredients in order listed above in jar, pressing firmly after adding each ingredient.
Recipe to attach:
Pour brownie mix into large mixer bowl; stir. Add 3/4 C. melted butter or margarine, 2 large eggs, 2 T. water and 2 t. vanilla extract; stir well.
Spread into greased 13 x 9-inch baking pan. Bake in preheated 350° F. oven for 18 to 25 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out slightly sticky. Cool in pan on wire rack.
Makes 2 dozen brownies.
after-school snack mix-
combine your favorite snacks into the jar:
(1) BAGS glassine food-grade bags (completely biodegradable): can be found online at food specialty packaging sites or simply use plastic sandwich bags (which can be washed and reused).
(2) LABELS sticker paper for inkjet printer: office supply shops $12/pack of 20
(3) COOKIES just add a handful of your favorite cookies